Cream cheese chocolate chip cookies are a tasty twist on the traditional chocolate chip cookie. These cookies almost have a cake-like texture. The cream cheese cuts into the sweetness of a traditional chocolate chip cookie, just the right amount! You are going to fall in love with this cream cheese chocolate chip cookies recipe!
I have to admit, I am typically one to just use a chocolate chip cookie mix because, well, they taste pretty good… and they are quick and easy. However, you won’t find a pre-made mix that comes close to these- and they are worth the extra work! (Although, it really isn’t that much extra work)
I really think the distinctive taste and texture of these cookies comes from two things:
- 1) using whipped cream cheese, and
- 2) adding a bit of cornstarch.
You can use a softened block of cream cheese, but I think the containers of whipped cream cheese gives this a lighter and fluffier texture. And just adding in a teaspoon of cornstarch makes a huge difference in consistency.
Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/4 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 cup flour, sifted
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1-2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine butter, whipped cream cheese, sugars, egg, and vanilla in bowl with mixer until ingredients are well-mixed.
- Combine dry ingredients by sifting into a separate bowl.
- Continue mixing wet ingredients and add dry ingredients a bit at a time, until all dry ingredients have been added.
- Add chocolate chips. May need to fold in by hand.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Gently press down dough ball to slightly flatten. Bake for approximately 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees.
You might also like these cookie recipes:
Double Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies
Drop Sugar Cookies (aka… Amish Sugar Cookies)
Leave a Reply