Fresh Beet Root, Carrot & Apple Juice to Boost Your Immune System
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GiantEagleDelivers #CollectiveBias #ad
Did you make a New Year’s resolution to live healthier this year? I know I did—and this year, Giant Eagle is going to help me keep my resolution!
Hmmm, you might be wondering exactly how my local grocery store is going to do that? Well, shopping for fresh produce and picking out healthier options just got easier and less time-consuming with Giant Eagle’s Curbside Express Delivery!
As a mother, it is my goal to give my family healthy meals and snacks, but as you probably know, that can be really time-consuming. So when I found out that Giant Eagle now offers Curbside Express Delivery, I was pretty excited! This is a huge time saver!
Here’s how it works:
- Go online and pick your local Giant Eagle store
- Connect your Advantage Card to your Curbside Express account
- Choose the groceries that you want— it can be fresh produce, freezer items, meat, dairy, canned goods, etc.:
- Shop weekly specials or search for the products you want
- Find your item
- Add it to your cart
- Select how many of each item you want
- Select a time and date
- And kick back and relax while a personal shopper puts your grocery order together
- Be ready for delivery of your order!
**Even if you are not located in an area that has delivery, your local store may still have Curbside Express at the store, meaning that they will still get your order ready at a specific time and date and all you have to do is drive to the store, sit in your car and they will bring your order out to you! Still a huge time-saver!**
Now, if you’re like me, you might be a bit skeptical about having someone else pick out your produce. I am super-picky when it comes to selecting produce. I like to make sure that I’m not buying fruit or vegetables that are bruised or on the verge of going bad.
So how did my personal shopper with Giant Eagle Curbside Express do?
- My order was ready on-time!
- Before delivery of my order, they went over some substitutions that they had to make and offered me some additional options because a few items were out of stock. (You can choose to keep or delete the substituted items)
- My bill was finalized and my groceries were delivered.
- All items were correct in my order, and the produce all looked great!
Knowing that winter is here— and that cold and flu season is upon us, I want to make sure our bodies are getting the vitamins and nutrients that we need, so to help boost our immune systems, I am going to make fresh juice with all the wonderful, produce that I just got.
Now, my kids probably wouldn’t choose to eat beets on their own, but I can hide them in some fresh juice that has been sweetened with some fruit and sneak in the goodness!
Fresh Beet Root, Carrot & Apple Juice
Peel and wash all produce thoroughly before juicing.
- 2 beet roots (I don’t juice the beet leaves, I save those and will cook those as a side dish later!)
- 6 medium size carrots
- 3 apples (any variety that you like)
- 1 lemon
- 1 small cucumber
- 2-3 oranges
Put through your juicer and blend juices together. Strain if preferred to remove some of the pulp… and enjoy!
Why are these fruits and vegetables so good for immunity?
Beet root—a rich source of iron, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, sulphur, iodine, manganese and copper. Additionally, beetroot is rich in folic acid. This rejuvenates the resistance of the body to fight toxicity.
Carrots—rich in Vitamin A and can help reduce toxins
Apples—rich in important antioxidants, flavanoids, and dietary fiber. Apples are just good for overall health and they help to sweeten up this juice combo!
Lemon—has many nourishing elements, such as: vitamin C, vitamin B6, vitamin A, vitamin E, folate, niacin, thiamin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid, copper, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc, phosphorus, and protein.
Cucumber—very effective detoxifying agent, which clears the blood stream of excess uric acid; soothing and anti-inflammatory
Oranges—excellent source of vitamin C; also helps to sweeten this juice combo!
New year, new you… what will you do to live healthier this year?