Healthy Pumpkin & Oat Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links or sponsored content. Please know that all opinions are honestly conveyed and are mine alone.
It’s mid-October. The air is finally getting cooler— ironically, we’ve had quite a warm fall! So even though it hasn’t really felt like fall much yet, I am starting to get in the mood for some yummy fall treats. And what better way to do that than with pumpkin and oat cookies?!
But these are even better because they are actually healthy for you too! So, they truly are guilt-free cookies— well, almost guilt-free!
I have to say, the thing that I like most about these cookies is that they are not sweetened with sugar… raw honey is used instead. Of course, there is a bit of sugar in the semi-sweet chocolate chips, but you really don’t even have to add these unless you want to. And you can even add a little glaze to the top if you really want to indulge…
- 1/2 cup real butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup all purpose gluten-free baking mix (**or for a bit of a healthy boost, replace the baking mix with Vanilla Juice Plus+ Complete)
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 3 Tbsp raw honey, melted (warm in microwave until liquid)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Glaze **optional**
- 1 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 Tbsp milk (add one at a time and stir until proper consistency)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream together: butter, vanilla, sweet potato, and banana.
- Add egg, honey, and baking soda, stir until combined.
- Add in oats, baking mix, and chia seeds, stir until combined.
- Add in chocolate chips (optional)
- Spoon onto cookie sheet. Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- ** Drizzle with glaze while cookies are still warm.
These cookies truly are delicious… and it’s a sneaky way to get your kids to eat something that is actually good for them— and they won’t even know it!