Instead of making cookies for your child’s next birthday party or school party, add a fun twist with cookie pops.
All you have to do is:
- make your favorite sugar cookie recipe
- roll dough into 1 inch balls
- insert a new popsicle stick (or cookie stick) in middle of ball
- flatten slightly when you place on baking sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 10 minutes. Let sit on baking sheet for 1 minute before removing (otherwise the cookie will lose shape and the stick may fall out).
Let cool, frost, and decorate as desired.
I made these for my son’s birthday treat at school and the kids loved them… what a fun way to make a regular cookie new and exciting! It’s a pretty good deal when you consider this fun, homemade treat can be made for less than $0.10 each! Very money savvy!
* Baking Tip: Soak popsicle stick or cookie stick in water before baking. This will keep the stick from discoloring or burning.